Saturday, April 9, 2011

Turban Headband Tutorial

A few weeks ago I saw this "turban headband" on Much Love, Illy and loved it!

Want to make your own? 

Here's how!

Supplies:

old shirt (preferably knit, but you can use cotton too)
Scissors
Sewing Machine


Here's my old shirt:


however wide you want your headband, cut out twice that.

Remember to cut out 2 strips or it won't fit around your head!

Fold right sides together and sew all the way down.

Should be inside out, turn it right side out (is that even a correct term? :P)


Ok, this is where it gets a little confusing, if you have any questions, comment or email me :)

Take both ends and follow directions below:


Sew ends down, so that the "knot" will stay.


It really is super easy and SUPER CUTE!!!


Simple but so cute! 

Let me know if you try it!

BTW - I just updated the About Me! page, it was pretty boring.... :)

5 comments:

  1. I think my favorite thing about this whole post is the bottom picture. BTW, I'm totally going to make this for myself. Because SOMEONE won't make me a headband....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks Charlotte... :P

    HAHA good! Tell me if you actually make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!!! Yes I like the bottom picture too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great tutorial! how useful...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear feedback! Don't be shy!